Friday, July 8, 2011

LOTSA THOGHTS

It has been an interesting week for me and I've had many things to think about.  The market wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be so I have been selling my extra fish to friends and today a stranger.  However things turn out you still have to make the best of them.  Last market was also the first time I served iced tea.  I chose iced tea because I had many people tell me to do it as they thought it would be a hot seller and they would buy it.  None of those people came to buy it and .... that could be because I didn't tell them I had it.  None-the-less I think lemonade is still the thing everyone seems to be in the mood for. 

MEAT!  Meat is one of the other things on my mind lately.  Some say that if I serve meat then I would be going against my name. Fish X Salad mentions nothing about meat.  Perhaps a surf and turf is in order?

I have also been rolling the idea of some packaged dressings or pesto.  Anything that will get more people to the booth.  I have a lot of rosemary and have been dreaming of making a pesto out of it with some garlic scapes.  What would you want to buy at the market to take back to your hotel if you were here in Cannon Beach?  We do have some amazing cheese being sold at the market that could be made into a dip or spread.  Really the possibilities are endless.

1 comment: