Saturday, July 2, 2011

LOVING WORK

Some of you may know what I do for work every day.  For those of you that do not I spend my days weeding, deadheading flowers, and watering plants.  So when it comes time to do all that stuff at home you would think that I would try and avoid it.  Yesterday I spent a few hours in my garden weeding, planting, and watering.  It may have been the beer I was able to enjoy while I was doing it but I had a great time.  It is really cool to see the difference between work work and fun work when they are basically the same thing.  In one case I guess you could say that I am like an office worker that has to send email at work and then all so enjoys doing in my spare time. 

Don't get me wrong my friends, I love my job and think about how lucky I am almost every day.   When it rains I am not always so in love with my profession.  None the less it is amazing being outside all day.  That is one reason Seaing Greens has been so much fun.  Most likely I will reach the same or close to the same conclusion about cooking outside as gardening outside when it rains on me the first time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment