Thursday, June 30, 2011

FROM MY FOOD SOUL

Lately, I have had some people come up to me and say things like,"Don't ever stop cooking."  I enjoy hearing those things but at the same time I find it kind of silly.  When someone says that to you after only eating your food one time... well, it's kinda strange.  I will just be honest and say that I don't really feel I am cooking anything special.  What I do with food just comes natural to me;  food is such a part of my life that it is really hard to explain the connection I have with it.  So to the people that are really impressed with my food, I say thank you and don't worry, I don't plan on getting out of the food world any time soon.  It all just depends on what the food world throws at me next. 

The health department likes to make rules that show us that the people making the rules haven't worked in a kitchen and have no idea how ingredients need to be treated.  Corporate farms keep getting bigger and caring less about quality and more about the money.  Television like the Food Network tend to glamorize chefs and make it hard to face the public in out coats for fear of some wannabe foodie will want to "talk shop" with you because they cooked a thirty-minute meal with Rachel Ray.  All of these things are reasons that I have left the business in the past.  I tend to just get fed up with things and want a more simple life.  I just want to cook really fresh, good tasting, simple food.  That is it. 

Some one else can have the glamor - just give me the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment