Saturday, June 18, 2011

TO LEMONADE OR NOT TO LEMONADE

This is the question!  Before I knew I was going to be participating in the Cannon Beach farmers market I can remember stating my opinion of the rule that only lemonade and bottled water could be sold by the food vendors.  I thought is was really stupid for many reasons.  First off why are we using lemons when they are not local?  Is the focus of this market not local products? Why are we encouraging the sale of more plastic?  I could just be making a big deal out of nothing. I am sure that many people think that.  The big problem now is that I have made these things a subject of many of my conversations about the market.  Now that it is clear that I do need a drink to serve at the market I am looking for a drink I can make out of local things that will also go well with fish.  I don't want to say it but the best thing I can think of is LEMONADE!  So is it ok to make it now that I have trash talked it and the people that just may be thinking of doing that despicable and horrible thing?  I think it is... but only if i put some local things into it.  Anyone up for some rosemary infused lemonade?

1 comment:

  1. Im sure you thought about growing your own fruit or promoting a local farm's seasonal fruit. Have you tried to experiment a little with less popular but abundant local fruits seasonally? Like maybe trying to create a pear lemonade or think outside the box for new and exciting combinations. What about sweet corn? Can you juice that? Might it actually taste good? One never knows until it has been achieved.

    ReplyDelete